• May 5GRADUATION!!!!!!!! June. 2

• May 5Memorial Day May. 29

• April 25Track State Championships, May. 20

Productions Co. tackle performance of “Jekyll and Hyde”

Productions Co. practices  Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde

Productions Co. practices Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde

Holden S., Reporter

The critically acclaimed musical “Jekyll and Hyde” is now playing at Layton High.  It first opened on Broadway in 2013. It is the story of Henry Jekyll, a doctor who develops a formula he hopes will eliminate all “evil” from man’s personality, leaving him “fundamentally good.” However, things go wrong as he continues his experiments with his formula on himself.  The formula unleashes Jekyll’s darker half: Edward Hyde, into the streets of London at night.

Layton High students designed and choreographed the musical.  In addition, sets, lighting, and sound have all been done by students. Student’s talent and passion for the Arts is evident once one sees the production.

The production features the gothic rock score composed by Frank Wildhorn, audiences will be thoroughly entertained by the professionalism and talent on the stage.  Some of the songs performed include: This is the Moment, Someone like you, In His Eyes, and Confrontation.  Musical talent fills the stage from the beginning to the end of the musical.  The character of Henry Jekyll/Edward Hyde is played by senior, Liam Hunsaker.

“Jekyll and Hyde” runs January 4 ,5 ,6, 12, 13, and 14. Curtain is at 7 p.m. and tickets can be purchased online or at the box office before the performance.  Ticket prices are $5 to $9.