Centurion

End of football season

Back to Article
Back to Article

End of football season

Alexia C.

Alexia C.

Alexia C.

Tadiana C., Reporter

As this Layton High football season comes to an end, players are brought to reflect on the previous plays and games. Unfortunately, games were not always favorable for our team. Through fierce teamwork and determination, the team can strive to do better and, from repeated mistakes, will figure out what to improve on for next season.

James Castillo, a Junior playing corner back, was asked how this year playing on the team strengthened him. Through perseverance, he found himself limitless and the strength possessed by the team inspired him. Reflecting, Castillo said he has played football since he was seven years old, saying that he likes the aggressiveness the sport brings and that is what keeps pulling him back. Despite the season coming to a close, he hopes to keep playing next year.

Jackson Caldwell, a Junior playing middle backer, expressed similar sentiments toward the team. He felt that the player’s positivity truly helped the team keep playing, regardless of the scores.

An unknown source once said, “Football is Believing. Football is total commitment. Football is hard work, dedication, and self-sacrifice. Football is a team that beats with one heart. Football is mud, sweat and drive. Football is whatever it takes. Football is what you give-110%. Football is brotherhood…. On and off the field. Football is finding a way to win for the home crowd. Football is one goal.” The Layton High Football team hopes to keep improving on the skills we have in hope to win the next games.