Centurion

Lettuce (let us) gather and socialize

One of the opportunities students in high school can take advantage of is joining a Nationally sponsored club. Some of these include The National Honor Society, Future Business Leaders of America, or Key Club.  Add these clubs to your college admission application or resume and they are sure to “score you some points” because they provide opportunities for leadership and service. However, many students just want the opportunity to socialize after a grueling day in school, hence: the school club.

School clubs are different than national clubs.  Rather than chartering on the national level they only need to bow down to the high school level or simply ask permission of the student government to run their club. Some of these school clubs include the Anime club and the ultimate Frisbee club or the “Lettuce” club.

Do not fret if you do not like lettuce. Even though that is what the club will be doing—eating . . . salad, they will also be doing lots of socializing. The club is kind of new to LHS and is presently functioning under the leadership of Senior Jonathon Stringham.  It began a few years back under creators John Lund and Emmie Tolman.  It started strong, then lost its momentum, but Stringham has resurrected the idea.

What do they do when they meet?  Play cards, talk, eat lettuce and most of all—make new friends. Anyone can join by paying a $5.00 fee in the office and showing up to the meetings.  Listen to announcements for the next meeting and “lettuce” make some new friends.